POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Grass Wind Test 2 (mpg 480kbu) : Re: Grass Wind Test 2 (mpg 480kbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass Wind Test 2 (mpg 480kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 29 Mar 2002 20:16:57
Message: <3ca51209@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" wrote:
>     I actually watched some grass this afternoon,
> and my grass doesn't bend in the middle unless it
> is a typhoon. It bends along it's whole length
> somewhat.

My simulated grass also bends along its whole length. Actually, it's just a
simple parabolic function. (In the last animation it was linear.) One side
effect of the method used is that the blades get longer the more they bend,
but that's just one of the compromises of this simulated grass...

> And in the size range of what you have, only one
> gust would fit on the screen at the time.

Hmm, ok. But won't it looks wrong if all the blades bend in the same way at
the same time? Maybe not...

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/